Radiation Alert® GammaPAL - Portable Analysis Lab
Introducing The GammaPAL, the ideal instrument for detecting contamination in food, soil, and water. A portable
laboratory containing all the items you need for sampling in the field or from a stationary base of operations. The
GammaPAL is a complete measuring system for analyzing radiation contamination in milk, meat, fish, grain, fruit, and
vegetables, as well as in air swipes, soil samples, and other materials. Includes: Inspector survey meter with wipe test
plate and swipes for preliminary testing, a rugged Nomad Pocket PC with bar code scanner for easily labeling samples,
tools for sample collection, and screw top marinelli beakers for sample storage. The GammaPAL is your all-in-one
sampling kit for radiation safety.
Our GM based detectors are ideal for a number of applications, ranging from surface contamination and sampling
to personal and environmental monitoring. For detecting contamination in food, soil, and water and to accurately
quantify and qualify the results, you need a scintillation detector. Many scintillation devices with this capacity cost
upwards of tens of thousands of dollars. The GammaPAL can provide these capabilities for much less.
Radioactive material in the sample is detected with a 2x2 sodium iodide scintillation probe using a Marinelli geometry
for soil, water, and bulk samples or a 2-inch filter geometry for wipes and air samples.The 500ml beaker is placed in
a 1-inch thick lead shield. Depending on the sampling time and the isotope, the detection limit is approximately
60-100 Bq/l and can easily identify concentrations of Iodine 131, Cesium 134, and Cesium 137.
Kit Includes: URSA-II Multi Channel Analyzer w/ GammaPAL Software | One 2X2 Nal Detector w/ C-C cable
| TDS Nomad 900LE w/ Bar Code Scanner and Serial Boot | Carries 10 Empty Screw Top Marinelli Beakers
| Lead Marinelli Shield Case | 1 Marinelli with K40 reference standard | 5000g Tempered Digital Scale
| Sieve for Sample Collection | Small Hand Shovel | iM3075 StormCase w Wheels
| Inspector Survey Meter w/ Wipe Test Plate | Swipes |
- Detector: 2 X 2 Nal Detector w/ 3ft. C-C cable
- Typical FWHM: 7.5% - 9%.
- Display: TDS Nomad 900LE w/ Bar Code Scanner and Serial Boot
- Spectrum Analyzer: URSA-II Multi Channel Analyzer w/ GammaPAL Software
- Total Kit Size: 33.30” x 24.40” x 19.30 inches (84.5 x 62 x 49 cm)
- Total Weight: 110lbs (49.895kg)
- Power Requirements:URSA-II - External 12VDC power supply, six "AA" NiMH rechargeable batteries (included) with recharging internally, or six standard alkaline "AA" batteries. External 12VDC power jack allows instrument to plug into vehicle. "Fast Charge" of NiMH batteries can also be selected. The URSA-II is fully portable with four hours of battery life and PPC Compatibility